We are the perfect team to provide decking solutions for your home in Asheville.
If you live in the Asheville, North Carolina area, then you already know that having a great view is one of the most coveted things to have in a home. If you live in a spot that has great potential, but you can’t really get the full view of the mountains that you love from the ground, adding a deck may be just the solution you’re looking for.
At Pegram Builders, we know it isn’t just the addition of a deck that makes a difference in your outdoor living arrangement, but also in the quality of the decking materials and construction. With our nearly 20 years of experience in the construction and home building industries, we believe we are the perfect team to provide decking solutions for your home.
Our decking services include:
- Custom Deck Construction
- Deck Handrails
- Deck Lighting
- Custom Pool Decks
When you are ready to incorporate a deck onto your property, there are several things we do to make sure you have a great experience from start to finish, including:
- Provide free on-site consultations to get an idea of what you need
- Give you honest answers to your questions
- Offer clarity about the services that we will be performing and our expected timeline
- Schedule a date to begin work
- Arrive promptly during construction and keep you updated during the process
At Pegram Builders, we are passionate about seeing the projects people have been dreaming of come to life. We get excited about seeing our happy customers enjoy the results of their new decking installation or other home improvement project.
FAQs About Decking
Here at Pegram Builders, we get a lot of questions pertaining to decking from homeowners wanting to add outdoor living space to their Asheville, North Carolina home. Here are a few of the most frequently asked ones that can help you enjoy a smooth decking project and successful outcome you’ll enjoy for many years to come.
- Is a permit needed to install decking? It is important to end up with a safe, code-compliant deck, and that can only happen by obtaining the proper building and zoning permit for the decking project. We will make certain that minimum setbacks occur and that the method of construction, means of support, materials, and safety features are all in compliance so that the final inspection results in approval.
- How do you make certain that utility lines aren’t affected? Our clients are responsible for contacting 811 and having them come and mark any lines before we dig. They handle the process of getting underground lines marked so that we do not disrupt your phone, electric, gas, or cable when digging footer holes for your new decking. We need this step to be completed before we are able to dig any footer holes.
- What do I need to do to have a grill on my deck? We recommend placing a grill mat under your grill to avoid permanently staining the deck surface and make any cleanups easier. You should also take care to leave ample distance from the house and railings to avoid a fire. The same is true for an outdoor heater or other appliance with a flame.
- What size deck should I add to my home? There are many factors involved when planning a decking project, including your budget, complying with code regulations, intended use, and more. We take the time to discuss what you have in mind to come up with a plan that fits your needs and what you envision for your new deck.
We can provide the home improvement solutions you need and ensure great results.
If you have questions about adding decking to your home or you would like to schedule a consultation, reach out to our responsive team to discuss your vision. We look forward to becoming your winning team!
At Pegram Builders, we offer decking services in Asheville, Candler, Canton, Clyde, Waynesville, Weaverville, Fletcher, Arden, Hendersonville, Mills River, Black Mountain, and surrounding areas in North Carolina.