Adding deck lighting is one of the simplest ways to improve the look and feel of your backyard. Not only does lighting add ambience and set the mood, but it can also make long summer nights more enjoyable.
- Stair Lighting- Adding lighting to your deck’s stairs is one of the easiest ideas. Having the light go up the railing or even on the step like in a movie theatre can increase the light in your backyard and improve safety.
- String Lighting- String lighting is the trendiest in deck lighting options right now. Using waterproof LEDs is the modern “boho” way to light up your backyard.
- Lanterns- Lanterns offer soft, low lighting that offers an excellent accent to your outdoor living space. Selecting lanterns with a coated exterior instead of clear glass can help diffuse the light and make a cozier atmosphere.
- Recessed Deck Lighting – While this is a popular option for many homeowners, your deck will require some kind of overhead protection for installation. This type of lighting offers great overhead lighting and will light your entire deck from above.
- Area Spotlighting- This type of lighting will also require overhead lighting; however, it is a different type of deck lighting. Area spotlighting will light a specific area, such as a dining table, with a bright light. This will create a wonderful atmosphere during any outdoor dinner party.
- In-Floor Lighting- This is one of the simplest and most elegant ways to light your deck. We suggest placing your lights in corners or on steps to help illuminate the darkest parts of your deck. This sleek look will give your backyard the sophistication you’ve been craving.
- Color-Changing LEDs- If you want to add some fun and flare to your backyard, adding color-changing LEDs to your existing lighting is a way to do that. Even adding a pop of color to the railing of your deck can be a fun way to enhance your backyard.