A basement reno is an exciting project that most homeowners want to get right the first time so that they don’t have to redo it in the future. Basements are a unique part of your home, and therefore deserve some unique features that you may not find in other areas of your home. Here are five features that you may want to think about including in your basement reno:
- Soundproofing – Your basement is in a location that deserves soundproofing. Without soundproofing, you may be constantly interrupted with loud noises coming from above the basement.
- Lighting – There is nothing worse than a dark basement. A basement reno can be ruined by not including enough lighting to make the area feel welcoming and warm.
- Play Area – Recreation is a common desire for basements. Whether it is for a pool table, home theater, or game room, you will want to plan accordingly for the space needed to do these activities. Even the smallest pool table requires quite a bit of space to safely play the game.
- Window Wells – Most basements require window wells. Don’t just settle for the traditional corrugated metal window well. There are many other options like stone, faux stone, or prefab fiberglass window wells.
- Food – Having an area to store, refrigerate, and prep drinks and snacks will really add to the function and comfort of your basement. You will only need to install a mini fridge, microwave, and a cupboard or two to make your basement complete.
When you are ready to get your basement reno started, give us a call at Pegram Builders in Asheville, North Carolina.