Garages are known for storing your lawnmower, car, and outdoor tools, and often they become cluttered with everything and anything from yard tools to kid’s toys. Garages are essential storage space in your home, and with the right methods, you can easily optimize your storage space.
- Create a Layout/System: Decide beforehand what is important to you and what needs to be organized the most. By creating a plan or layout before you start organizing, you’ll have a better idea of how to maximize your garage storage.
- Add Wall Shelving: Make the most of your space vertically by adding a shelving system to the wall. You could even get creative with this and add a peg board to help organize your tools, rather than leaving them piled up in a toolbox.
- Label Your Bins: If you like using bins to store your tools, garden gloves, or whatever it may be, label all of your bins with easy-t- remember keywords. That way when you’re looking for something, you’ll know exactly where to find it. Make sure to stack your bins vertically to conserve space.
- Car Products Cabinet: If you’re the type of person who has many car care products, we suggest creating a separate cabinet for storing these products on their own. When it comes time to clean your car, you’ll be happy to have everything in one place.
- Track System for Bigger Items: Not sure where to put your shovel or rake? We suggest installing a track system on your wall. The tracks will help get your larger tools off the floor, and it will help to store those more awkwardly shaped items.
We know how important a functional garage is, and that’s why we’re dedicated to building garages that work for you. We will work with you to make sure your garage fits all of your needs. Give us a call today.