If you are the type of person who enjoys being outdoor, but you don’t love lathering on the sunscreen and having to put your outdoor cushions away at the end of the day, then a covered porch may be right for you. Here are some reasons why we think you’ll love it:
1. Dry Outdoor Space: With a covered porch, you won’t have to scurry to get inside when it starts to rain. You and your furniture will be protected from any natural causes.
2. Protection from the Sun: Being able to sit outside in guaranteed shade is a luxury! No more fussing with an umbrella to make sure your seat remains covered as the sun moves throughout the day. With a covered porch, you will always be in protected shade.
3. Year-Round Use: With a covered porch, you’ll be protected from all seasonal elements, allowing you to use your porch or deck all year-round. If you are worried about being cold in the winter months, we suggest adding outdoor heaters or even a fire pit table to your porch.
4. Add Value to Your Home: If you are looking for ways to increase the value of your home or add curb appeal, a covered porch is definitely the way to go. Real estate agents agree that the more usable and comfortable your outdoor space is, the more valuable your home becomes.
5. Minimal Required Maintenance: Covered porches are designed to withstand all kinds of weather, making them durable and easy to maintain. All they may need is a simple sweep here and there.